Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

A couple weeks ago for FHE we told the kids the story of the first Thanksgiving.  And for activity we made our own thankful turkey.  We each wrote things we are thankful for on the feathers.  I think my favorite one was when Penelope said she was thankful for the computer.  I had to laugh because she is always grabbing the computer mouse and pushing buttons on the keyboard every time I turn around.  I tried time outs but they really have no effect for her.  She will go right back and do it.  Then I read the study that said 2-year-olds will repeat the same offense the same day 80% of the time no matter what kind of discipline you use. For Penelope that was dead on.
For Mondays activity we retold the story and made these little pilgrim popsicle sticks.  Sometime later a king got mentioned while we were in the car.  I think I was talking on the phone to my mom about if we have any kings in our genealogy when Tucker says "mom, kings are bad, right?"  And I was like, "Some are bad and some are good just like regular people."  Then Tucker replied with "But mom, kings don't let you go to the church you want."  It was cute.  I think he got that idea from the first Thanksgiving story when we talked about why the pilgrims left.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: