Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pottery Field Trip

Penelope's frontier field trip is earning their pottery badge.  So for their first field trip they went to a pottery warehouse that sells pieces made in Peru to all around the country.  They are in many major stores including Costco and their only store/warehouse is about 5 minutes away from my house.  The stuff was so pretty.  After learning all about it I want an entire set.  Too bad it is kinda pricy.  Not crazy, but just too much for me to randomly buy a ton of it.
Here are a few of their pieces.  This is just one style.
Everything is hand painted.
Here is Penelope in her uniform eating her snack.
I'm glad she has the opportunity to be in frontier girls.  The social aspect is really great for her.  The week after this field trip they did another one where they got to make their own plates.  I didn't get to go because I had all the kids without Bob, but I can't wait until they are done and she gets to bring it home.

No comments: