Friday, October 16, 2015

Volcano Experiment

Tucker has been reading the Magic Tree House series and talking or emailing back and forth with his grandma about the books as they go along.  A couple weeks ago they read one about volcanoes and she challenged him to make a volcano.  I had a lot going on so Bob took this on, and they went all out.  First they made the paper mache volcano then painted it and exploded it.  They even added lego bad guys hiking on their mountain.
I can see the excitement on his face.



Here is the video.  I don't really like how my kids are shouting for the lava to kill the bad guys.  But it is what it is.

I love homeschooling because it gives us time to do activities like this.  Not only did he read a book about volcanoes.  We did two science lessons about them.  Tucker learned how they are formed and what the parts are called and what the different types of volcanos are.  He also looked up volcanoes in Washington state and their lava flow paths in case they do erupt.

I think science is Tucker's favorite subject. 

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

I'm so happy that homeschooling is going so good for you! good job Mom