Monday, December 1, 2014

Turkey Day

We woke up early Thanksgiving morning and headed over to Spokane.  Well... because the alarm wasn't set we didn't wake up as early as planned but it was still early.  The drive went really well.  The kids did great and it was nice an sunny outside.  Just another of the many things I am thankful for.
While on the drive our car hit 50,000 miles!  We were excited about it.  Sorry the picture is so blurry, but you have to imagine me taking it.  Bob suddenly announced that the car was a fifty thousand miles and I should quick take a picture.  I just got a new camera phone and was fumbling around trying to hurry, reach over Bob while he is driving on the freeway, and take it.  I barely missed it.
My sister Tianna, made a delicious dinner.  Complete with frog eye salad, a family favorite.
Here is my plate.


We had fun hanging out at her house, and the kids especially loved playing with their cousins.  On Friday night we went to this pizza restaurant called The Flying Goat.  The had the thinest and craziest pizza I've ever had.  One of my favorite ones had goat cheese, sliced pears, and ham.
Then the drive home was sooo beautiful.  We only saw small amounts of snow on the side of the raod going to spokane.  But going home there was snow all over the trees.  I love how the mountains look covered in snow.  These pictures really don't do it justice.
It dropped 20 degrees in one day.  We were freezing and lightly got snowed on.  But the roads were clear so I didn't mind.
We got home with just enough time to unpack (halfway) and put the kids to bed.

No comments: