Sunday, March 7, 2021

Plum Grove

It is plum blossom season!  Usually about a month before cherry blossoms come the plum blossoms.  They are pretty similar and many people don't know the difference.  One easy way to tell is that plum blossoms grow directly off the main branch and cherry blossoms do not.

I love how the Japanese culture celebrates the different flower seasons.  It so so fun and a great excuse to get outside.  This particular day was crazy windy.  I almost couldn't finish my jog the water was coming so far over the seawall I was getting wet.  The kids really wanted to go though and I'm so glad we did.  Once we got there and parked the wind wasn't a problem at all.  


There were so many of the trees it really is a plum grove.  We went during a peak time and although I wouldn't say it was crowded at all there were more people there than usual.  We even made a new friend.  There was a little Japanese girl who wanted to play with our kids.  We talked to the mom a bit and she even walked back to her car with us.  




No comments: