Sunday, January 30, 2022

New Branch

Whenever we move the local ward, or in this case branch, is a big deal.  We spend a lot of time doing things with people from church and so I always hope we can have a good experience with the church people in the area.  So far we have been lucky and have loved all of our wards.  Our building in Yokosuka wasn't great, so I was extra excited when I heard Sasebo has an actual church building.  I had pictured in my mind the type of building we have in America, so I was a little disappointed when I saw the actual building.

While it is a definite step up from what Yokosuka has, it isn't on the same level as the churches in America.  It is small and cold, and the parking is so so.  
I heard the branch was small but I've never been in a branch before and wasn't quite sure what to expect.  I took a picture of everyone before church started on Sunday.  We were in the back so everyone that was there is in the picture.  They said some families were watching on zoom, so maybe in the future it will be more full.  But we have been twice now and both weeks had a similar number of people.
I guess my dream of sitting all together with the eight of us in one row is just a pipe dream.
Beatrix started taking pictures of my phone while I was talking to people.   I also took a picture of the parking lot.  While there is some parking we have to park ferry style to fit.  It is 100x better then no parking at all, which is what we had before, so I shouldn't complain.
While the building was not what I expected the members seem really great.  People have been very welcoming and friendly.  While we don't really know people yet I think it will work out well and we will enjoy being part of the branch here.

5 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

"took" a picture

Qurat Ul Ain said...

I think everyone should have to come to Church for his prayer. Why they are watching on zoom? I prefer physical appearance rather than virtuality. I have both mobiles and wood watch Canada to check my time. I am using both they have their own worth.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article, Thanks for publishing this. If you are looking for replica watches usa then check out watchousa now. And find the best replica watches in USA market.

Bedford said...

I have been developing Seiko 5 for many years. This watch is simple, powerful and practical. In fact, I recommend canadian watches as a good starting point for those looking for a world of surveillance.

Boss said...

Hi, Sir your profile is really good , This profile is very use full for me



All Pet Tech