Monday, July 4, 2022

Bio Park

The Bio Park in Nagasaki Japan has got to be one of the coolest places I've ever been to.
It is basically a zoo where you get to go into all the animal enclosures and feed the animals.  It sounds like a petting zoo, but it is so much more than just goats, in fact I don't remember there being goats at all.

First we saw Scarlett's favorite animal, the llama.
Next we saw Patagonian mara none of us really knew what these were or what to think about them.
Somewhere in the botanical garden was a sloth, but we never found it.
The lemurs roamed the place as they pleased and they were not afraid of people at all.  I think it was the first time anyone in our family held a lemur.

We all got to feed and pet the flamingos.  Check out the video at the end of Calista pretending to have food so they would come to her.
In Washington we had raccoons in the woods so it was different to see them and feed them at a zoo.
We even got to see a human.  In fact this one was aggressive in getting the food, he ate almost all that I brought for lunch.
I thought the google translate of what the sign said was entertaining.
The monkeys were the main attraction.  We had a blast feeding and holding them.  They pretty much just jumped around on all of us trying to get food.  It was so cool!




We saw a couple joeys with their mammas.  
I love how the kids are all wearing hats.  It was a huge struggle though, several of them were angry for me making them wear one.  We had our family pictures that night and I did not want anyone sunburned from being outside all day.

If anyone comes to visit me, we will have to go here!
 

No comments: