Friday, April 19, 2024

Spring Break

We didn't go anywhere special for spring break this year.  Every spare minute and every spare dollar is going to building a house currently.  We did have fun at home though.

I totally forgot about April Fools day but my kids did not.  I guess that is what I get for pranking them so many times over the years.  They had covered the door in plastic wrap and done all kinds of small things but only one trick did actually get me pretty good.  

Leon locked up my water bottle.  It has a lid and thick straw and I carry it around the house drinking out of it all the time.  It is not clear so I cannot see what is in it, but I only ever put water in it so I never think about what is in it.  Anyway, he locked it up with what we used to use to lock the refrigerator from Calista.  All the kids were standing really close watching me.  That normally would have been a giveaway but I thought they were all watching me unlock it.  I tried to play along and I thought it was cute that it was locked, but I know the code and I could honestly still drink out of it even though it was locked onto the counter so I wouldn't really count that as a good prank.  I go and take a drink without thinking.  

It.  Was.  Horrible!!! 

They had filled it with vinegar and I did not see it coming.  I took a big fast drink and it was so gross it burned my nose.  I spit out what I could but the damage was done.  They were so proud of themselves.  It was pretty funny.
One morning I walked out of my bathroom to see that Calista and I both choose to wear the same thing.
We of course had to go to the zoo.  The baby musk ox is so cute.



And one day we went and saw Pia the Peacekeeper.  There are six of these giant wood trolls around the Pacific Northwest.  They are all different, but maybe one day I'll make it out to all six.
I did go to work a couple days and the kids had plenty of time to do their favorite thing, hang out at home and watch TV.  One day Penelope had a friend over, and Tucker went to soccer practice a couple times.   Overall I think everyone thought it was a pretty good Spring break.


No comments: