Sunday, February 1, 2009

Toddler Bed

So I wanted to move tucker into our spare room but I wanted to decorate it first. We painted it blue a couple of weeks ago and I have been diligently looking on craigslist everyday for either a twin bed or a toddler bed, and a dresser for his new room. I was so excited when I found a toddler bed that extends into a twin bed from ikea for only $50. It even said it came with the mattress and sheets. I looked it up and on the ikea website the bed sells for about $169 not including the mattress. I was so excited to see this bed I emailed the people who posted it right away, only to find out they live about an hour and fifteen minutes away from us. I decided it was worth the trip, so I called to set up a time. I talked to a lady who was so nice she said that if I could wait about a week (until last friday) she would bring it to us. We met at walmart and I was very surprised to see that it was in almost perfect condition! And they even told me that they would give it to us for only $40! I didn't even ask for a lower price. It is amazing how genuinly nice people can really be. We set it up yesterday and tucker even took a nap on it right after we finished. It was so cute because when he woke up he just sat in bed and cried, I don't think he knows he can get out of the bed.


I love this bed. It reminds me of one of the dwarf beds on snow white, or one of the beds in the three bears story or something. Now all we need is a dresser.


Here is a picture of my guys on their way to church this morning. I didn't go because I have a bad cold and I don't want to pass it on to any of my little sunbeams.


This is the picture I sent in to the Regis and Kelly beautiful baby search. The winner gets a huge scholarship.

2 comments:

Louisa said...

Hey Doranda! I'm so glad that you finally updated! You guys look like you're doing great and tucker is getting so big. Funny, but we actually JUST put miles in a toddler bed about two months ago. He was getting out of his crib and we were worried he would hurt himself. Now we have to lock his door from the outside or he'll get up in the middle of the night and go outside!! Crazy kid!

Maria Ash said...

I love that bed too! Jealousy :-) I need to start looking on craigslist to move Kate out of her crib and into a bed. What a find!