Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Bob and I are enjoying this long holiday weekend. On Friday our Stake put on an adult Valentine's dance so we decided to get a babysitter and go ahead and go. It was sort of fun. Then, since Tucker was in bed when we got home we decided to go ahead and give each other their gifts and eat the delicious cheesecake I made. I got bob a tie and some snickers bars and bob got me a stuffed animal dog, chocolates, and a bamboo plant shaped like a heart. It was really sweet because last year for Valentine's day I got him a similar plant but we had to leave it behind when we moved to Washington.

Early Saturday we went to Ikea because we still needed a few more things for Tucker's room and they were having a sale. We ended up spending just over $100 which was more than we thought we would, but we got a lot of really great things, including a dresser. I am almost done decorating his room and once I finish I will put pictures up.

Today, I gave my first talk in our new ward. I was nervous, but I think it went well. It was on the importance of an education in the home. I really learned a lot while preparing it. One thing I learned that surprised me is that several people, including Elder Oaks, has said that it is very important if not more important for a woman to get an education than a man. It has been said that when you educate a man you educate an individual, but when you educate a women you educate the entire family.Here I am ready for church, talk in hand.

1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

Sounds like you had a fun Valentines Day! And congrats on giving your first talk in your ward! I HATE speaking in front of people...really hate it. I really liked that saying though, "When you educate a man, you educate an individual. When you educate a woman, you educate an entire family." I've never heard that before, but that is so true! I like it. Sounds like you all had a fun and eventful weekend! :)