Tuesday, July 28, 2009

94 degrees and rising!

It is so hot outside!!! It has been in the 90s all day and tomorrow it is supposed to be worse. Right now our indoor thermometer says it is 92 degrees in our living room! With temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s the 10 day forecast doesn't offer any hope either. I kept telling myself that if I could make it through this week then I could make it through the rest of the summer and pregnancy just fine. But, on Sunday I broke down and decided that there was no way I was going to make it if Bob and I didn't go out and buy a window AC unit. I was looking at buying one for $150 which is a lot of money for us, but definitely on the cheap side as far as AC units go. But I got lucky and saw someone was selling two for only $50 each. One of which was only one year old and a much better unit than I was planning on buying from Lowes. I was able to talk her into selling them both to me for $80 and Bob set the nicer one up in our room yesterday. It is a good thing I found the one on craigslist because when Bob went to Lowes to get supplies he saw that they were completly out of air conditioners, and he heard someone saying that Lowes was the third store they went to. The one we got works great, the only problem is that it is so loud. And it is hard to come up with things to do with Tucker in my room all day. I am so glad we bought it though. If anyone has any ideas on what to do, or eat, in the heat let me know, because we are dying over here in Bremerton.

No comments: