Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Sunday Sunday

I wasn't really sure what to post about but I wanted to make a post so I guess I will just start writing.  uummm... On Friday Bob and I went on a date to the Olive Garden.  they said there was going to be a 40 minute wait so we thought we would drive over to the Halloween store for just 20 min.  Anyway after the scary and somewhat inappropriate (why do all the adult female costumes have to be slinky?) store we were surprised to see our Olive Garden light thing flashing like crazy.  So we laughed and rushed back and were seated right away.  We both got the endless pasta bowls and were totally stuffed by the time we managed to wiggle our way out of the booth.  We still had some time left with the sitter so we headed over to the dollar store to see if they had any cheaper costumes.  And we found some pretty fun pirate stuff for Tucker.  He is so excited to be a pirate!  He has been wearing his eye patch and hat nonstop (except for when we make him take them off to leave the house) since we got them.

On Saturday we went to a relief society swap.  It is kinda like a garage sale.  Everyone brings things they don't want or need anymore and then if you see anything you want you can just have it.  At the end they take everything and put it into the DI truck.  I think it is a great idea.  Tucker was very excited to find two teenage mutant ninja turtles and some puzzles with missing pieces.  I brought home an outside plastic toy chest.  I have actually wanted one since the summer but haven't bought one because the ones I've seen were at least $50.  Bob brought home some spare skrew drivers and Penelope scored a new umbrella stroller.  The one we were using was very cheap and falling apart so I was very happy when someone offered me a much nicer one that they don't need anymore.

I spent most of the morning being lazy and procrastinating getting ready for church.  I even put together two of tucker's not to difficult 100 piece puzzles.  Then for me church was a little bit stressful. Bob helped with the sacrament so that means it was just me and the kids for the first 20 min.  It really shouldn't be that hard to keep two kids quiet for that long, with my kids it is.  It is hard for me to even take them out because Tucker will scream and resist going out in the hall and when I have to carry Penelope with one arm it is hard to drag him out with the other.  Then in Primary we were down two presidency members and the kids seemed extra rowdy today.  Oh well, it's over now.  Penelope is taking a long nap and Tucker is at choir with bob.

Bob has no work tomorrow because of Columbus Day and we are going to go to the zoo.  I am excited.

2 comments:

Lorraine Butler said...

I wondered how it was for you with Bob up at the table.

Tucker was a real gem today. I like the new haircut, too.

Michael and Denise said...

At least Tucker doesn't go "Dad, dad, dad" through the entire sacrament. We've had a couple of Sundays of Michael not passing the sacrament, so I guess I'll volunteer to be the wife with the rowdy kids this upcoming Sunday.