Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dads Birthday

This weekend we headed over to my parents house to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Today is his actual birthday but we celebrated yesterday because different church times made it hard to get together.  It was a nice day relaxing at my parent house.  We played lots of games and had a yummy dinner and cake.  I was lucky enough to even sneak a piece of cake home.  They only bad thing about spending yesterday at my parents house is that tomorrow is Monday already.  The weekend is going way to fast.
We spent time trying to balance three golf balls on top of each other.  It was hard, you should try it.  I couldn't get it, but Bob managed it twice.
I'm lucky to have such a talented husband ;-).
Bob also got his new bass guitar in the mail.  he is way excited about it.  He has wanted a bass for years so he is pretty happy about it.  I have no idea where we are going to put it.
See, we are all ready for church early.  Now I have plenty of time to clean the house, eat lunch, start a loaf of bread, and get the crock pot going for dinner.  We'll see.  The hardest thing about afternoon church is nap time.  Tucker can't take a nap at all and that means that I don't get two hours of kid free quiet time to relax.

No comments: