Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yokohama :-(

Did you know that you can run out of space for your blog?  I didn't, until I went to upload pictures for this post and it said I didn't have enough room.  I had to buy 20 more gigs of storage for $5 and it might take 24 hours to update my account.  So I have pictures to go with this post but you will have to wait until tomorrow to see them.  It is kind of lame.

Yesterday we wanted to do some site seeing in Yokohama.  Unfortunately it didn't go well.
See the rope blocking of the turn styles?  I'm sure the sign says something like "we are closed."  Some of the train stations were still closed because of the earthquake but we thought we would take the bus and try anyway.  It ended up taking one bus, 2 trains and over an hour when it normally would have been one 30 minute train ride.  And those trains we did take were very very pack.  We were surrounded by people.  Once we got to Yokohama we walked over a mile to the amusement park.  Once we got there it was very obvious that it was not open.  tucker was completely devastated and I felt really bad for him because he was so good on the ride over.  next we tried to ride up the tallest building in Japan but guess what? that was closed too.  Same with the raumen museum and all of the shopping.  Except for some reason all of the restaurants were open.  I wasn't really feeling into it so we at at McDonalds and went back home.  It was 4 in the afternoon when we got home and it felt like we spent the day traveling and got no where. Not a fun day.  We promised Tucker we will go back but it is going to have to be a short trip after Bob gets off work.
This is a picture of the tallest building in Japan! Maybe later we will get a chance to go up it.

The most annoying thing about it is that we only have one more Saturday that Bob doesn't have to work. After next week he is most likely going to work Monday through Saturday the rest of our trip. Most of the sights are too far away to go to during the week so we are very limited on our time we can spend away form our apartment.
Here is Yokohama's man whole cover.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but the major citys have their own design on them.
We saw a place to plug in and charge your car.  Bob thought it was cool and wanted me to take a picture of it.

I am very frustrated with the earthquake and with Yokohama in general.  I know that my small inconvenience was nothing compared to what others have suffered and I really shouldn't be complaining about it. But it is just hard when i only have so many days here and one of them gets wasted.

No comments: