Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Swimming

My sisters property has a property has a community pool.  I can't think of a time when we took the kid to a pool.  Even though Penelope looked adorable in her swim cloths she wasn't very excited about the water.  She was pretty much scared to death when the water touched her feet even though i was holding her.  I decided not to force her to do something she didn't want to do and sent her over to play with my mom and Scarlett on the deck. 
Tucker was the opposite though.  he loved every minute of it.  And he was being so brave.

He actually got to the point when he was telling bob to scoot farther away and to let him go all the way under the water before catching him.  I wish we could take him swimming more, but with two girls who aren't really interested it is kind of difficult.

Does anyone know about local swimming I could look into taking Tucker too?

2 comments:

Voices of the Graves said...

Scarlett looked so cute in that hat. There's a pool at the Olympic High School and they offer swim lessons as well. I think the YMCA has some too but I think they might be expensive.

Michael and Denise said...

Last Friday we went to the Bainbridge Aquatic Center. It was a lot of fun. They have a small lazy river and a tot pool. The girls screamed their heads off, because we couldn't go directly into the pool. (We had to pay and get changed first.) Once we got in the water, they loved it. They have swim lessons for around $40. We've also looked a bit at the swim lessons on base at the shipyard. I think those were only $20-25.