Saturday, December 24, 2011

O Christmas Tree

This post is in response to my mom who asked how I decorated my tree.  When Tucker was staying with her while Bob and I were in San Diego he kept telling her how our tree is better than hers. Not quite sure why he thinks that but I wanted to take pictures of the tree anyway so here you go.
I messed around with different settings but I think I like these ones because the lights on the tree get that little starburst effect. To do that I put the aperture at 16 and the shutter speed at 4 seconds and the iso was pretty low.  I used a tripod too.
Whenever I took a picture of the Christmas tree before I always was a little disappointed with how it looked.  It is hard to capture the glowing lights correctly in a picture.  But I am happy with how these turned out.
 It was crazy how different I could make the tree look by just changing the settings on my camera.
In this last picture the tree looks so bright it almost looks like it is on fire.  I didn't mess with these pictures at all on the computer so they are SOOC (straight out of the camera).  I put the aperture at 1.8, shutter speed 1/30 and I think the iso was 3200.  I also had all the lights in the house turned off and I took it at night.

So if anyone is wanting to take some last minute Christmas Eve pictures maybe some of these settings will work for you.

No comments: