Monday, June 25, 2012

old Town

Old town is one of my favorite places to visit in San Deigo and the Mormon Battalion site has got to be one of the best church history sites.
They have a fun video that takes you through what the Mormon Battalion did.  Then at the end you even get to pan for gold.
Everybody loved it.  Tucker and Penelope got to dress up in costumes.  Tucker absolutely loved the gun!  He said it was his favorite part of the day.  I am not surprised.  Bob and I have been to the site before but it was different and more exciting going with the kids.  Its funny how their excitement grows and spreads to Bob and I.
Old town is said to be the birthplace of San Diego and it recreates life in the Mexican and early American periods of 1821-1872.
I like to watch them pull the taffy.  You can see the machine in the picture behind me.  Blue cotton candy salt water taffy is my favorite.
They have a boot shop dedicated to things like cowboy boots and moccasins.
The candy coated nuts were soooo good.  But I am sure they were about 5 million calories per bag.  I wish we could stay in San Diego longer because I would love to make another trip out to Old Town.

No comments: