Tuesday, August 7, 2012

MIA

Sorry I have been MIA recently.  This past week has been really hard for me.  On Wednesday I got some kind of virus that made me pretty much incapable of doing anything.  I called Bob and had him come home from work, this is something I have never ever in our 6 years of marriage had done before.  Then after about 24 hours of feeling like I was going to die I went to the ER (another thing I have never done).  They tried to help me but didn't really do anything.  They said that 50% of the time someone comes in with stomach issues they don't figure out what the problem is.  And since I was able to keep liquids down there was nothing to worry about.  So I went home.

Bob stayed home on Thursday and I had another rough day.  So that night we decided to head over to my moms house so Bob could go back to work and I could get extra help.  Since I got here things have been a better.  I think the virus is gone but I am still struggling, mainly at night and in the morning.  I think I am having some sort of anxiety attacks.  I am not really sure because I have never felt this way before.  It is soooo hard.

Anyway, I am dealing with it and things are slowly getting better for me.  I am scared to go home because my last few days at home were the worst and I can't go back to that.  There are more people at my moms to help with the kids and to distract me, which I think helps the most.  Bob has been commuting so we haven't gotten so see him very much and I know I am going to need to go home soon and try to get back to normal.

So I just wanted to let the world know what is up with me and why I didn't post yesterday and have no tutorial for today.  I just need a little bit of time to figure this out.  Thanks for sticking with me.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with anxiety?

10 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

Hey hon, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. It can be overwhelming. I would recommend seeing a family doctor, or seeking a second opinion because even though the folks in emergency didn't diagnose a problem, doesn't mean that there isn't something physical going on. Nothing to panic about, just better to be cautious you know?

Hope things get better, and easier on you. Don't worry about the blog. Everyone will be here when you're ready to come back.

Sending good vibes.

xoxo
Natasha

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you have been going through all that, I know how frustrating it can be to not have an answer to what is going on.

I personally don't have anxiety but my hubby does and I know when he starts to feel anxious he just needs to walk away for the situation for a second and take a few deep breaths and gather his thoughts. That's just one suggestion. Ones that I've learned in nursing school besides meds also include deep breathing and imagery (like your favorite or most relaxing place every).

Dont stress about the blog, just get better!

Nikki
Fashionsonthefly.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, I am sorry! There is nothing worse than being sick. I would love to help and watch kids when you come back. Hopefully that could help you ease back into motherhood. Seriously, just drop them off! Hope you start feeling better.

Linda said...

I heard that you had a health issue but I had no idea how sick you were. As the mother of an ER doc, I know that they're main aim is to "admit you or treat and street." Go to your regular doctor and let him run some tests to make sure all is okay and ask alot of questions.

Dave and I will make sure to include you in our prayers. :-}

Gayle Daly said...

I'll pray for you too Doranda.

Michael and Denise said...

I knew you were sick Wednesday night, but I didn't know how bad it was. I'm also willing to help out with your kids. Feel better soon.

KariMarie said...

Not sure if you are home yet, but you could be feeling anxious to get back home because you were sick there and you don't want to get that sick again. First, head home, give yourself time to relax and don't plan anything. You can also drop the kids off at my house too so you can get back in to the swing of things. But after a couple days if you are still feeling ill then yea I would go see your regular doc just to see if there is something more that can be done. I deal with anxiety ALL the time, nothing severe, but since I know I have it I complain to Dave and push through it. Good Luck! Hope you feel better soon!

Lorraine Butler said...

All of us are here to help, Doranda. If you need meals, help with housework, or a listening ear, I'm here, too. You are so capable--you'll get through! We love you. It's so HARD to be sick when your kids are little.

B. said...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry! Stomach illnesses are the worst, and I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. I'll keep you in my prayers, just relax and get better, that's the most important thing right now!

B.
49 Dresses

Beautiful Day said...

So nice to see all your friends willing to help! I'm a million miles away so cannot help out in that way, but you have to work out exactly why you are getting the anxiety - what sets it off. I have found a range of things help such as don't dress too warmly, don't use in-ear headphones,
get lots of sleep, take Executive Stress or Relaxation Formula tablets by Blackmores. Also have your eyes checked, you may be getting dizzy due to waning eyesight, and have your adrenal gland checked - you can take herbal medication for this. If you have stomach pains (like heartburn) you can take Somac to help with inflammation. If none of this works ask for a prescription of anti-anxiety medication such as Zoloft, but be ultra careful what other medications you take with it. Our family suffers pretty badly with anxiety and we have to try different things until something works. Good luck and take care.:)