Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How to make Pom Poms


The baby is due in a couple months and I have been making hats for when he or she comes.  I still don't know the gender but I figure I will use the extra's for photography props or maybe just give them away.  They are pretty easy to make and I enjoy it.  This tutorial explains how to make and add pom poms to your hat.  For the hat I used the loom and it makes a very basic simple baby hat.  I like the added pom poms.

Materials Needed:
Yarn
cardboard
scissors

 1) Cut two circles out of cardboard slightly bigger than you want your pom poms to be. Then cut out the middles making a donut shape.  I used a cereal box.
 2) Put the circles together and wrap the yarn through the middle and continue wrapping to cover the entire circle.  I wanted really full pom poms so I went around two times.




3) Pull the circles slightly apart and cut the yarn around the outside edge.
 4) Tie a knew piece of yarn through the middle.  Make sure you knot it and pull it tight. 

5) Pull or cut the cardboard off.














 6) Your pom pom is done use the extra ends to tie it to the hat.



7 comments:

Stylishly in love said...

What a cute hat. :)

If you get a sec, check out my latest post on my blog.

XO
Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great step by step tutorial! :) I've pinned it!

Talitha said...

So cute, I wonder if i'm to old to pull off the look? lol

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Visiting from the Someday Crafts link party. Your hat is SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Pinning :o)
-Brenda
ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi Doranda, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Clever Chick’s Blog Hop.

Oh my gosh, so adorable! I remember learning to make pompoms in the 6th grade (for a cheerleading thing) and thought it was pretty cool. Looks so darling on the baby hat.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!
Great tutorial.


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Janice Kay Schaub said...

very cute. I know a little girl who would look really sweet in that.
Following
Janice