The baby is due in a couple months and I have been making hats for when he or she comes. I still don't know the gender but I figure I will use the extra's for photography props or maybe just give them away. They are pretty easy to make and I enjoy it. This tutorial explains how to make and add pom poms to your hat. For the hat I used the loom and it makes a very basic simple baby hat. I like the added pom poms.
2) Put the circles together and wrap the yarn through the middle and continue wrapping to cover the entire circle. I wanted really full pom poms so I went around two times.
3) Pull the circles slightly apart and cut the yarn around the outside edge.
4) Tie a knew piece of yarn through the middle. Make sure you knot it and pull it tight.
5) Pull or cut the cardboard off.
6) Your pom pom is done use the extra ends to tie it to the hat.