Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pregnancy Work Out Videos


Working out while pregnant can be hard.  Especially during this pregnancy.  I didn't work out at all during the first part while I was sick.  But now that I am getting closer to the delivery I want to get somewhat in shape to help not only with the delivery but with the recovery.  I'm not really sure it makes a big difference but I know it is good for me either way.  Plus working out while pregnant helps me feel a little bit better.  I notice my back isn't in as much pain on days when I work out.

I don't have a gym membership so I have been doing various work out videos.  It was great when netflix had them but they have been taken down so I rely on the library.  I think I have tried somewhere around 15 or 20 different prenatal work outs but I narrowed it down to three that I like.  So many of the maternity work outs are in my opinion pretty lame.  They don't even give you a work out.  But these three are good.
Ok, so don't make fun of my yoga poses.  I know they aren't perfect.  And yes, I work out in my pajamas.  Why would I buy maternity work out clothes for my family room?


 The first is 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates.  It is about $7 on amazon and my favorite prenatal work out dvd.  I love it because it has 5 short 10 minute workouts so I can do as much or as little as I feel like.  I've used this for three of my pregnancies and am only a little bored with it.


The Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O'brien cost about $12 and pretty good to.  It doesn't break up into sections like the others but I get a pretty good work out with it.  I guess I can't really explain it but for some reason I like this one more than the other random ones I got from the library.
The third DVD I really like is Jennifer Wolfe's Vinyasa Yoga.  It is a bit pricer at $25 but the yoga is good and sometimes I am in the mood for yoga instead of something faster pace.  Most of the prenatal yoga videos I have done can be a little weird.  Like chanting and a lot of resting, but with this I really get a work out.  And the best part is that it has 15, 30, and 45 minute workouts!  I usually do the 15 minute one on days where I don't have a lot of time.  


4 comments:

Leah said...

Thank you for your post on this! My doctor just told me I should really try to incorporate some exercise into my daily routine. My back has been terribly sore already and I want to feel better about being "strong" enough for delivery! I'll check these out.

Stylishly in love said...

Great for your readers. You are amazing.


If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Flower Power'.

XO
Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Love the pajamas! I exercise in them too. You should post what you do to get back into shape after baby comes too. I've always been curious. You look great!

Katie said...

i got the second one you mentioned and liked it! i want a few others!