Friday, October 11, 2013

Tough Mudder Vollunteer

I really want to compete in the Tough Mudder.  Its basically a half marathon with crazy hard events throughout the race.  I'm talking scaling walls, running through shock wires, jumping off a high wall into water, you know that sort of stuff.  Last weekend it was here in Seattle but I wasn't at all ready and it cost a ton of money so Bob and I decided to volunteer instead.  Now I have a feel for what it will be like and it will only cost us $40 instead of $100+.

Bob's parents were kind enough to watch the kids for us.  It was super early though.  I had to get up at 3:40am to be there at 6am.  Once we got there we waited around for a while and then when participants started coming we were in charge of checking ids and putting wrist bands on people.  Then we headed over to one of the final events called Mount Everest to help out.

I would say about %90 of the people needed help or they wouldn't have been able to do it.  Bob must have pulled up hundreds of people.  Once it got going people just kept coming non stop and bob kept pulling them up.  I helped pull people up and mostly just cheered them on.  It was really fun to see how excited people got once they got up.  Check out the video.



We got a little muddy ourselves.

I'm going to need to start training pretty soon.  I want to be able to do most, if not all, of it by myself.  It also seemed like the groups and teams had more fun.  So does anyone want to be a part of our group and do it with us?  We are going to race next time they come to Seattle, which will probably next october.

No comments: