Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Daffodil Parade


My parents are going to be out of town for Easter so last weekend we went to their house to celebrate early.  But first we went to the Daffodil parade.  I marched in it for band in both junior high and high school so it was fun to be back and watch others.  The weather wasn't great, but we didn't really get rained on so it wasn't bad.  Here are a few of our favorite floats.


I don't have a picture of this but the clowns shot a dummy out of a cannon and then caught him with a tarp.  It was cool.  That was probably my favorite thing.  And I didn't get a picture but their was a Frozen float that was all of the kids favorite.
 Later we did an indoor easter egg hunt.  We split the rooms up among the kids.  They had fun.



That night we also did an adult hunt.  We each bought just one thing for the other adults and hid them around the house.  These were much more difficult to find.  Some of our hiding spots included, the vent, the garbage disposal, the back of the refrigerator, and inside a can of rat poison.  I enjoyed it.


2 comments:

KariMarie said...

We missed the parade this year. I was totally bummed!

What a good idea to do an adult hunt. Who said we can't have fun too?! :)

The Abel family said...

So sad we missed the hunt this year. It is a great tradition that my family loves!