Friday, August 29, 2014

NYC 3

On our third day in New York we woke up early and went to the Cake Boss bakery. I used to watch that show a lot so this was one place I wanted to go.  I didn't want to wait in line for two hours so we just went to the time square location instead of the original Hoboken one.
I got the famous cannoli and lobster tail.  They were delicious and after eating the cannoli I had to take a break before the lobster tail.  They were just so sweet.  Bob got the other thing and it was also good.
After that we did more bus tours.  First up was the uptown loop.
We stopped at the cathedral church of St. John the Divine.  It was amazingly detailed and so beautiful.  The inside even had beautiful artwork and stained glass windows.
Right down the street from that was Toms Restaurant.  Anyone recognize it?
It is the dinner they always go to in the show Seinfiled.  The inside looked way different though so I am guessing that was filmed somewhere else.

Next we stopped at Grants tomb and then got on the Harlem loop.
We had to go to Yankee Stadium.
So this next picture is of the police outside.  Everyone kept talking about how safe the city is now but I wanted to include this because we always saw cops out on the street arresting people.  I guess if you factor in how many people live there vs incident it is pretty safe. I don't know, but I saw cop cars and hear sirens all the time.  Everyone we talked to was very nice to us.  Some people even stopped us and asked if we needed directions.  No one was rude or made fun of us because we were obviously tourists.
Here the the Apollo theater where Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson and so many more all sang.
This next building is the Guggenheim we recognized it from MIB.
There was so much to see we didn't always have time to sit down and eat.  So we ate at food carts.  Bob didn't love it, but I didn't mind.
Later that day we rode the gondala over to Roosevelt Island.  It was fun and had a great view.  The first time we rode it I was grumpy because I lost my $30 subway pass and had to buy a new one.  So we rode it again and I felt better.  If you watch the show White Collar (Bob and I do) then you might remember when the main character rides it.  I think he climbs out and does something crazy.

The view was once again beautiful.  We were lucky because the weather was great the entire time we were there.  It hovered around 80 which was perfect for us.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

"so we" instead of "we we" in the first paragraph?

Mary-Anne said...

Sounds fun! We love the Cake Boss show too!