Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Graham Cracker Houses

This year we decorated one graham cracker house together as a family.  I'll admit it was frustrating at times.  Tucker really wanted to build his own, but I just knew if I let the kids each build their own I would end up doing all the work for 4 houses instead of just one.  So we came up with a compromise and let Tucker be in charge of making the shed.  The girls were ok with putting candy on where we said as long as they got to eat some here and there.
Below is a picture of our finished house.  The tree on the left is probably my favorite part.
I love some of the detailes like the snow and snow balls.
We opted for a flat roof, the traditional kind are just so hard to build.
Here is a picture of the back.  Tucker built the covered area and the shed is on the left in this last picture.
I think this is one of the best ones we've ever built.  It is obviously not super neat and pretty, you can tell kids worked on it and we didn't spend all day.  But I like it.  It's nothing crazy, yet still original and not at all plain or boring.

No comments: