Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Weekend Update

Bob was so nice and found a sitter for us so we went out on a date Saturday night.  We did the basic dinner and a movie.  For dinner we went to Noahs Ark.  I don't think it is a chain but a local burger joint.  I got a chicken sandwich but I wish I got a burger and a milkshake.  Bobs burger looked good and I forgot how good their milkshakes are.  I guess that's just another reason to go again.
After that we watched Insurgent.  I read the books and have mixed feelings about them, especially the last one (if you read it I'm sure you can guess what I'm talking about), but still wanted to see the movie.  It was entertaining but just an ok movie.  I was surprised by how much they changed from the book.
Then after my Saturday morning jog I went to a friend's baby shower.  It seems like everyone is having babies or just had a baby except for me :(  The shower was fun, I always get a kick out of the games even though people complain about them.

It was so nice out we started to paint the house...well just the trim.  Bob got a new pressure washer with ChrIstmas money and after washing the house it was pretty clear that most of the main paint still looked pretty good but trim needed repainting.   So we borrowed a friends tall ladder and are working on painting.  Stay tuned for updated house pictures.
Then out of my painting clothes and into a skirt for the women's conference.  They really seemed to focus this session on family.  And seeing how I spend about 90 percent of my time doing things with or for the family I loved it.
Ok last thing, after church on Sunday we made Easter sugar cookies.  The kids love making cookies and although I would rather just whip them up myself I was patient and let the kids help me, only one at a time though.  I'm not that patient.
And that was about it!

No comments: