Friday, September 18, 2015

Dress Up Time

Dressing up has always been a big part of Scarlett's play time.  She loves trying on new things, so when Great Pretenders sent us this new cape she was very excited, to put it mildly.  We have a few capes around our house most of them were made by grandparents.  If you are not interested in sewing this cape is only $11! I think we might have spent more on fabric to make ours.

The site also sells all sorts of adorable dress up gowns and accessories.  They are so cute and just in time for Halloween.  

Getting to dress up and play pretend is such an important part of being a kid.  I'm often so busy with this or that I wish I would just slow down and play with the kids more.  I read this article that said that pretend play helps children with:
  1. Social and Emotional Skills
  2. Language Skills
  3. Self Control
  4. Problem Solving Skills
  5. Self Esteem
Kids are constantly learning and growing so much by just being at home and playing, it is really amazing.  I am going to try harder to be really take time out to play with my kids.  

Scarlett looks really cute in her cape, I need to enjoy it while it lasts.  I'm sure before I know it she will be too old for this sort of thing.

No comments: