Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Balboa Park 2

I posted all my favorite pictures of the park yesterday.  But here are a few more noteable shots that I wanted to share.

The first is of this truck.  I was getting frustrated at it for being in my picture.  Then I saw the driver get in the truck and it looked like he was going to leave so I waited.  he went really slow and tried to turn around on the small street instead of going the direction he was facing and he knocked over this big cement post.  I just stood there and watching the whole thing.
He got out and went and talked to someone.  I gave up on waiting for him to leave and moved on to another spot.
There is this huge beautiful tree near the zoo parking long.  It is a Ficus Macrophylla or "Moreton Bay Fig"  It is over 100 years old and pretty massive.  Not like the redwoods I posted about a while ago this one branched out really far.
They put a fence around it so people don't mess with it.


It is hard to tell but that root is at least as high as my waist.
The park has the cutest Spanish art village filled with shops.
I didn't get a ton of pictures, but all the little shops were different bright colors.



No comments: