Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Snow Day

Everyone was excited when it started snowing Thursday night.  I think it started around 8pm but there wasn't enough to play in until after the kids went to bed.  The forecast said it would start raining the next morning so I made sure to wake everyone up early to get a chance to play.
That ended up being unnecessary because the cancelled school and most of the snow stuck around until noon.  I think we had about 3 or 4 inches.  It was plenty to play in and we were out there for a good two hours.

We didn't get snow last year so this was Leon's first time really playing in the snow.  He thought it was great!


I guess balancing snowballs on your head is a thing with my kids.
Tucker kept saying he was getting hungry.

Leon, Scarlett and I made the snowman on the left, Tucker made the next one by himself, and Penelope made the little one on the right all by herself.
I can think of few things in life that are more magical and fun for a child than a snow day.  I remember wishing for them often as a child.  To wake up and see everything covered in a white blanket while at the same time learning that you don't have to go to school is the best feeling.

No comments: