Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Shomyoji Yokohama

I joined a local hiking group and it has been perfect for us!  They do weekly hikes so it gets us outside and usually takes us places we've never been before.  It is great because I get to find out about all the fun parks and hikes but don't have to try to get there on my own. 

This one is called Shomyoji and it is in Yokohama.  I went a few weeks ago just as the fall colors were out and it was gorgeous.  Japan is so pretty in the fall.


There was even a huge grassy field the kids ran around and played for at least a half an hour.  I haven't seen a lot of open space here in Japan so this was a treat for the kids.
They build a sort of lean to shelter.
Then we hiked.
At the top was a great view of the city.
We ate lunch there and the kids played around some more.


Before getting on the train on the way back we tried this baked treat called taiyaki.  On Fridays they had the custard filling or the red bean filling.  We all went with the custard.  On other days they make chocolate and strawberry filling as well.  
I liked it but not all the kids did.  Surprisingly it was Scarlett who didn't like hers.

The hiking group said they will go back to the same park in the spring to see the cherry blossoms, I can't wait.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

We had that same treat in Japan. I really liked it. The fish shape and all.