Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

Just me and my five favorite little humans!  They are really amazing people and I love that I get to be their mom.  

I really wanted to get a picture of us all together before church for mother's day and I knew this was coming so I spent a good amount of time this week making matching dresses for the girls.  I also kind of made a huge mess in the house during my mad rush to make these giant bows before church.  I felt a little deflated when we lined up outside, late and in a rush, and it was so windy we had a hard time getting a decent shot.  These guys and Bob are so patient with me and I appreciate it.  I know that us looking all matching and perfect on mother's day is not reality and it isn't important.  Sometimes I just need a little reminder of that.  I think part of my desire to take a great picture with the kids stems from the fact that I love my family and I want to show the world how much I love them and how happy we are!  I want to advocate for motherhood, and big families, and the importance of staying home to raise children.

“Motherhood is not a hobby, it’s a calling. It’s not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, it’s what God gave you time FOR.” 
-Neil H. Anderson


I love my mom and am sad that I won't get to spend Mother's day with her this year or probably the next couple years.  I guess a phone call will have to suffice.
Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there. "Motherhood is more than just bearing children... it is the essence of who we are as women."

1 comment: