Monday, July 29, 2019

The Princess and the Pea

All last week the four older kids went to Missoula Children's Theatre and put on a play.  They auditioned on Monday and went to practices all week then had two performances on Saturday.  The audition on Monday was pretty scary for the kids.  They didn't need to have anything prepared ahead of time, but the directors would ask them so say specific lines and do a couple different things.  I was really proud of my kids for just doing that.  It was hard for some of them to say lines in front of people.  I heard from others that in the past lots of kids get cut, but thankfully this year they had room for everyone who tried out.  I hate the idea of kids getting cut from activities they want to do.
Scarlett was a Winter Wind Worker.  Penelope was a Blizzard Bringer.  Tucker was a Grinder, and Leon was the cutest dust bunny ever.
Practices were at different times for different kids so it was a lot of back and forth to and from base for me.  Leon also had the least practices so we got some time together without the older kids.  I had most mornings all week with just Beatrix and Calista.  Having only two kids at home was soooo easy.  I got a ton done!


Another cool thing about they play was that everyone had speaking parts.  My kids each had three lines and they were nervous.  But they didn't forget them and I could even hear them!  Great job guys.

Here are a few videos from the play




No comments: