Saturday, January 4, 2020

Christmas Nativity and Ornaments

I love decorating the house for Christmas.  This year I bought a Torii gate to go behind the kokeshi nativity set I made.  At first I was hesitant to put a Shinto religious symbol with my Christian nativity set.  But the Torii gate marks the transition from the mundane to the sacred, so I figure it applies. 
I started collecting ornaments from places we go on vacation.  I think it will be a fun way to remember our trips.  So in the next picture you can see the kokeshi doll.
 Next is the moose from Alaska.
 Just had to throw this on in there for fun.
 The JeJu from South Korea.
 And the Odawara castle, from her in Japan.
Blitz also returned to our house this Christmas Season, but I have to admit he wasn't very creative with his hiding places this year.


1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

from here, not from "her"