Thursday, August 20, 2020

Beatrix's 18 Month Photos

My baby is 18 months old!  I don't think I even realized how big she was until just the other day when I was sitting on the computer editing the photos.  She looks like such a toddler and not like a baby anymore.  It is crazy to me.  We went to the doctor and she was up to the 40th percentile for weight, which is a huge jump for her.  It was a relief because she barely eats and I was worried about it.  She hates the doctor by the way.  She screams bloody murder at the sight of any medial professional getting close to her.  It doesn't matter if they just want to look at her and they don't even touch her she will scream and try to claw at me for me to take her away from them.

Beatrix loves to suck on the two middle fingers of her left hand.  She also doesn't talk very much.  I'm not really concerned.  I don't think she has any more words then she did when she was one years old.  She says mama pretty well.  But I did hear her saying that when calling to the kids and other people besides me.  She also says thank you and uh oh.  That's pretty much it.  She will copy us a little bit though.   I bet sometime she will learn a whole ton of words and just start saying them, but for now she is pretty quiet.
Just seeing her blonde hair in these photos is tripping me up.  It is so much longer and thicker than I realized...and so blonde.  I'm used to editing photos of children with red hair. 
Beatrix is blowing you kisses and waving good bye.  We like to go on walks at night and she loves to wave at people and especially dogs.  I don't think there is a dog we pass that she doesn't stare and wave at as long as they are in her view.