Sunday, October 4, 2020

Penelope Birthday Photography

Penelope is eleven!  We snuck to the backyard one morning to take a few pictures before we got down to our usual homeschool morning.
She is an amazing smart, honest, and kind girl.  I sometimes talk to Bob about how much integrity she has and about how she is so good that it makes me feel bad about myself.  If I tell her to do something she usually does it.  And I'm not talking about one time, she will remember and do it every time forever, even when I forget.  She is the only one of my kids like that.  She is the best at saying her prayers, brushing her teeth, and just following the rules.  The other day we picked up Bob from work and he gave each child a cookie.  When we got home Penelope came up to me and quietly asked me if she could eat the cookie.  I was confused and she looked upset, "Of course, Dad gave it to you," I said. She then explained that she didn't finish her lunch earlier in the day because Tucker ate the last of her cheese nip crackers so she probably can't have the cookie.  She wanted it, and her dad gave it to her, but she knows that we say no snacks if you don't eat your meal so she was conflicted.  What eleven year old is so meticulous?  
I'm not sure what type of work is suited to that sort of exactness.  But I really think she can do amazing things when she grows up.  She told me that when she grows up she wants to be an artist.  She makes nice cards and notes for me all the time.  She even drew Scarlett a multi page book for her birthday.  Not Scarlett's birthday, Penelope's birthday.  For about a month Penelope worked at least an hour a day drawing and tracing a Hello Kitty book and then she gave it to Scarlett on her own birthday.  She said she likes to give people things.
Penelope doesn't like people to know things about her.  She is very private.  She never wants to share in front of people, even her family, and it takes her a little bit of time to open up to people.
Penelope is a great sister.  She takes really good care of Beatrix and Calista and enjoys playing with them.  It is more than just babysitting them.  She likes to be with them, she is always asking me if she can get them up from bed and she has fun with them.  She also shares with everyone.  Whenever she gets candy she will share it with her siblings.  It doesn't sound like a big deal, but my other children don't do that.  She does it all on her own too.  
We are so happy she is in our family.

1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

I can't believe she's 11! She's beautiful and she sounds like an amazing girl.