Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Property Update

Our property is starting to take shape.  It has actually been a couple weeks since I was knocking trees down with the excavator (Bob knocked about one million tree's down and I did exactly two).  In addition to using a tractor and excavator Bob rented a skid steer and a dump truck.  The skid steer was a lot of fun for everyone to drive.  

Instead of trees and mud like we had, we now have a rock driveway and a clear mostly level area to start planning our house.  

We now also have one angry neighbor who is calling the county on us and even though they told her we are not doing anything wrong she felt it right to come yell, swear, and threaten us, because of our house location.  I guess it is right in her view.  Her house is hundreds of feet away but we do have the lot next to her and she knew we were going to build on it.  She even told me the one time that I met her that she didn't care what we did to the lot, if she did care she would have bought it herself.  I'm not sure what changed in her mind.  I don't understand what she is thinking because we cleared that land making that view she has.  Any other location we would have chosen on our property would have the same issue for her because we would have had to clear that spot.  

I get that it was nice for her to have an empty lot next door and that it isn't great for her that things are changing.  But I don't understand her coming over and yelling at us when we are just trying to build a place to live for our family.  I am upset about it because I don't want to have an unfriendly relationship with our neighbor, and what she said was really hurtful.

Anyway, maybe she will move.  I doubt it though, she has horses and it has got to be hard to find a new place for herself and her animals.  Hopefully she will just leave us alone.  

We only have two neighbors, one is mad at us and the other is an airbnb.  I was upset about an airbnb being next door (it wasn't when we bought the place), but I didn't go yell and threaten the owners.  The owners are very nice and so far we haven't had any issues.  Their house is not in our view so it shouldn't be a problem.







We keep calling it the property.  Like, "Dad's working at the property," or, "Do you want to go play at the property?" I want to come up with a new name like ranch or farm, but not those because it doesn't really fit.  Any ideas?  


No comments: