Thursday, September 5, 2024

First Day of School '24-'25

We survived the first day of school!  It was a lot of work figuring out every's schedules and the bus schedules, not to mention the shorter day Thursday schedule.  The kids even have sports and work and seminary all today.  There was a ton of paperwork and using the calendar and making sure everyone knew who was driving where and who was riding the bus. 

Today the kids went to three different schools with three different times that the earliest (counting seminary) started at 6:20 and the latest 9:10.  That is about three hours of me getting people off to school!  I also started my new job today at a fourth school, where I'll be a paraeducator.  I started at 9:15, so once the last kids were on the bus I hopped in the car and drove to work.

One of the hardest parts was that Beatrix doesn't start Kindergarten until Monday so she was still home and not happy about not going to school like everyone else.  Bob went to work early in the morning and then came home by nine to grab Beatrix.

Actually the hardest part might have been the endless questions from kids about what school was going to be like and their classes.  Penelope started high school and Leon middle.  The jump from elementary to middle school is big and Leon had tons and tons of questions.  I swear he asked them over and over again for the past week.  He went as far as to draw a map of his school and draw out a path as to where he will walk from one class to the next.

It is crazy to me that I have both a Senior in high school and an kindergartner!

Here are the high schoolers!



Tucker will be driving to school for the first time this year.  He is not thrilled about it.

Penelope is not too worried about high school, she felt ready.


Scarlett and Leon will be going to school together again.  Scarlett wasn't worried at all and Leon was very worried.






Calista was a little worried, but I'm not worried about her.  I know she will do just great, mismatching socks and all.


My first day in the school what pretty much what I expected.  It was very different compared to my last two jobs.  Not stressful at all and pretty calm.  I think things will pick up a bit for me in a couple weeks when we have all the small groups figured out.  I'll be working with kids in sped, the reading room, and I'll be one of the lunch/recess monitors.


No comments: