Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Nails

Happy Valentine's day!  I have a last minute nail idea for everyone.  This really is something you can do pretty fast and it is valentine themed.  Do you like the conversation hearts?  They aren't my favorite candy but I do like to have them once a year.  And the kids think they are the best.  The only thing I don't like about them is when the kids keep asking me what each one says.  It is impossible to get a moments quiet when three kids keep asking what each piece of candy says.  Anyway,  I made valentine conversation heart nails.

The first thing you have to do is get matching nail polish.  I just dumped out my nail polish bag next to the conversation hearts and matched them up the best I could.  Using all matte polish, or a matte top coat would be ideal, but I didn't want to buy anything so mine are shiny.

Next paint each nail a different color.


Once that dries use a red fine tip sharpie to write your messages!
Unfortunately my nails are chipped already. Good thing I took a picture right away :-)

1 comment:

controlling craziness said...

What a cute idea. I used a Sharpie and made hearts on my 8 yr old daughter's nails. They turned out cute. I'll have to remember these nail designs for when she is a teenager. My kids still don't understand half the stuff written on the conversation hearts, ha!