Monday, March 4, 2013

Getting Ready

Ok, so the baby is officially full term and we spent the weekend getting ready.  I feel like this baby could be born any day now and I am getting pretty anxious about it.  Every time my stomach feels a little off I think I am having contractions and then I get really nervous about it and that just makes me feel worse.  Even writing this post I ams starting to feel nervous.  You would think with my fourth baby I would be calm about the whole thing but for some reason I am more nervous than ever.
Bob got down the newborn cloths and I went through them picking out one boy and one girl outfit for the hospital.  I really think it is a girl though.  I can just see us being a family of mostly girls.  Not that we have any names picked out.  We have a list of about 20 names and I think we are just going to end up picking one after the baby is born.  Bob is set on a boy name, but I don't know about it.  We will see.

Bob also got out the baby swing, bouncer, carseat, and bassinet.  I washed everything and we packed our bags.  I put a few things in for me at the hospital and one bag for each of the kids.  The plan is for my mom to take them to her house for a couple days once the baby is born and I didn't want to stress about getting their stuff ready when I am in labor.  It seemed like I had to pack a lot for them but I  had to be ready for different scenarios, like if they need church clothes, or something green for St. Patricks day. While at the same time not packing anything favorite that will be missed if we are still three weeks out.
Tucker also worked hard on cleaning up his room.  His closet and underneath his bed was getting pretty messy and it really needed going through.  The bag he is holding is full of garbage.
Now we are just waiting, waiting, waiting for this baby to come.  Part of me wants something exciting to happen, like my water breaks while in public.  But I also want things to be smooth and easy.  It is just hard, and a little fun, not knowing what will happen.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Seems like you are well organized! Good luck! I can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl : )

bisous
Suzanne

Gayle Daly said...

You are all ready...not the waiting. I hope the baby comes right away so you can get on to the next step. I wish for you an uneventful delivery and all goes smoothly. You deserve it. Love to you Doranda!!!

Gayle Daly said...

Oops I meant to say now

KariMarie said...

SO EXCITING! gooD LUCK ON choosing a name. AND YOU seem to be WELL ORGganIZED, now the fun part....waiting.

Anonymous said...

AS the mother of four, I understand completely. You are well organized and the anticipation is immense. Breathe and enjoy these last moments of feeling the baby move inside of you... I always missed that feeling afterwards...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

SO, the lil' lady bean is only 8 months old, but you've given me full blown baby fever! So exciting!

Stylishly in love said...

How exciting! Have fun with your new little one when they arrive.

Sofia

stylishylinlove.blogspot.com

Lorraine Butler said...

You still look adorable, I must say. Having a baby at all is exciting, even if nothing out of the ordinary happens. You've made it more exciting for all of us by opting not to announce the gender. Thanks!! And good luck! I hope it's soon.

Leah said...

You're making progress! I'm pregnant with my 1st and terrified my water is going to break @ work. Just reading your post here makes me even more excited for my own though. Can't wait to watch for your updates!!!!