Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Weekend

I love long weekends!  This time we didn't go anywhere or do anything extra special but it was so nice to just be home.  We got so many small projects done around the house and we got to just hang out together with the family.  On Monday we woke up and went to an annual Memorial day breakfast.  They had a flag ceremony and a small slide show.  It was the perfect chance to talk to the kids about what memorial day is really about.  I am truly grateful to those who died for us to live in this free country.

Leon totally chowed down at the breakfast.  He was loving the pancakes and eggs!  It was funny to watch him stuff his face.
Afterwards we went to goodwill and totally scored on their holiday sale.  We spent $44 and got a ton!  I don't think we've ever spend that much at a thrift store before but I am totally happy with what we got.  The most expensive thing was my baseball glove for $10.  I haven't had one since I was a child and I've been wanting one to play catch with Tucker ever since t-ball started.

Next the kids napped and we got lots done around the house.  One thing Bob worked on was getting moss off the roof.  Tucker and Penelope joined him up there.  Tucker wanted to go out but he got really scared last second.  I pretty much forced him to climb out the window even though he was screaming.  If we have a fire or an emergency I want him to be able to climb out the window by himself.
The weather was nice so we spent a lot of time just hanging out in the back yard.  For dinner we cooked hot dogs on a fire.
Its days like this when we get to just hang out as a family that make me love being a mom. 

No comments: