Monday, June 2, 2014

Medieval Faire

I've never been to a medieval faire before.  Generally I'm not into that sort of thing, but they have on just half an hour away from us and so I thought I'd give it a try.  Mostly just for curiosity's sake and I did think they kids would like it.  I was right they loved it.  He is into fighting so what could be better than grown adults with swords and shields.
I liked learning about how people used to live.  They had little booths where people would be doing things they way people did.  Like making cheese, pottery, woodworking, or even making armor.  I thought the spinning wheel was neat.  I guess kids as young as two or three would be spinning to make yarn for the family.  I could not see Scarlett doing it.  It made me realize how much she gets away with at home.  Maybe I should start making her actually do her chores.
They had a calligraphy booth where Tucker and Penelope got to write they initials.
The archery was cool and free!  The only downside was the line.  In fact most of it was free.  We only paid $5 admission ($10 total for us because under 12 was free) and we paid for the food.

Scareltt and Penelope were more hisitant but very cute shooting the arrows.
I had a pizza from a fire brick oven and it was so good!  I think I could have eaten two.

The kids each got an ice cream cone.
And poor Bob waiting in line two times for about 20 minutes trying to get one of those giant meat legs they are always selling at fairs but they were out so he ended up getting a funnel cake.  That was pretty delicious as well.  But he didn't feel too good afterward.  He saw the car he wants while we were walking back to our car.  I made him take a picture even though he felt silly doing it.
Even though I'm not sure if we will be going back next year it was nice to get out of the house and spend some time with family.  And the weather was perfect!

4 comments:

Jacquelyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kabuski said...

That looks like so much fun! Where was it?

Doranda said...

Port Gamble

KariMarie said...

Dave likes to do these things and our kids probably would have enjoyed it too. Way to get out and about!