Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Family Reunion Storm


The Detroit Temple is right next to the church so after church ended we let the kids walk around the temple a little bit.  It was nice because our temple at home is an hour and a half away so we rarely take the kids.  This temple is so tiny compared to the Seattle temple and Tucker kept talking about how giant Captian Moroni looked.
These swans kept coming up from the lake and I thought they were pretty cool.  They looked huge to me but I guess I just haven't seen them before.
 After church on Sunday we had a big storm.  It started raining very hard and then the wind got a little bit scary.  The lake looked like a river and branches were flying everywhere.  One poked through the roof and one broke the skylight.  Luckily no one got hurt, although we did loose power for a couple of days.
I went for a jog the next morning and the streets were covered in branches and trees.  There were several power lines down, it looked so different from the morning before.
 This was a pretty big tree that fell down just inches from the house.
I was worried that with the power out I would be so hot without the ac, but because of the storm it was pretty cool outside and wasn't too much of a problem.  It wasn't ideal conditions for a family vacation but we made the best of it.

The whole thing reminded me of a huge wind storm we had when I was in kindergarten when several trees fell down in our yard. 

No comments: