Friday, January 16, 2015

Preschool


With Penelope not actually going to preschool this year I've been working hard on trying to teach her at home.  We do a lot of Chalk Preschool which is a free online preschool.  I love how it does the days of the week and the weather and calendar.  Although the other curriculum has gotten a bit repetitive for us, so we usually just do it once a week.  Plus Scarlett and Leon like it too.
 We also work on these little workbooks, but I'm not sure how effective they are.  I also try to do little activities with her, like taking her to yoga with me or having her learn to cook a little bit.
I guess my biggest problem is keeping her busy and knowing what and how to teach her.  She will be one of the oldest in her class when she starts kindergarten so she already knows way more then Tucker did when he started.  I feel like I'm always trying to balance play, chores and school time.  She is ready to start school now, but I kind of like her being home.  It is going to be so strange once she starts school.

1 comment:

Sister Swift said...

"Days" of the week instead of 'says' of the week?