Thursday, February 26, 2015

Play Time

I wanted to take the kids to a particular park the other day but when we got there it was way to crowded.  I love the park but it is big and of course my kids all want to play in different areas.  It usually works out fine, but with that many other people there I knew it wasn't going to work.  So we stayed in the car and Scarlett started crying when we started to drive away.  Instead we went to the elementary school and let the kids play.  The toys there are pretty good and we were the only people around.
I remember going to the elementary school to play on the playground all the time when I was a kid, but it seems like where I live now the parks get all the hype and the school toys don't get used as much during non school hours.
I told all the kids to stand in front of their favorite shape for a picture.  I also tried to play this game with them where I shouted a shape and they had to run to it.  I thought it would be a good way for Scarlett and Penelope to work on their shapes.  It didn't work at all, they all just followed Tucker and then cried because he always got their first.



Another good thing about using that playground is that it gives Penelope a chance to get used to it.  I just signed her up for kindergarten and she is pretty nervous.  So the more we hang around the school and get her used to it the more comfortable she will be on the first day.

No comments: