Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pirate Day


National talk like a pirate day came this year and we went to Krispy Kreme to get free donuts.  Every year they give out a dozen donuts to anyone dressed up like pirates but because we don't live close to a Krispy Kreme we never go.  This year we final made it to one.  We had surprisingly little pirate costume stuff around the house so we had to make things.  I was a little worried they would accept our paper hats and eye patches but when we got there they seemed to care less.  The worker was just like in a monotone voice, "how many pirates in your group?"  I answered five and she bagged up five boxes.  The kids were disappointed that they were all plain glazed and they didn't get to individually pick out 12 donuts but they got over it quickly.
I was prepared to wait in line for about an hour.  I figured for that many free donuts the line must be long.  We waited over 30 minutes last time to go to the Donut Bar and that was on a regular day.  But I was wrong, we were able to walk right up.  I think there were only two or three people in front of us.  It was great!

I didn't want the kids asking me all the time if they could eat their donuts but I also didn't want them throwing up.  These things are super sugary.  So I told them they could have four a day whenever they wanted.  There was lots of talk about saving their donuts and making them last longer, but by the end of the day each child ate all four.  None of them were able to save them.  They finished in three days.  I got tired of my after I ate about four and we ended up using them for french toast.  It was yummy!

No comments: