Thursday, June 25, 2020

Beach Day

We got the green light to go to the beach again!  We just have to social distance and we can be outside and free of the threat of the Navy sending us back to America, as long as we stay in our designated peninsula and away from certain establishments, like onsens.  It is liberating.  I can't really believe that the government took away so many of our liberties and freedoms, but I don't want to talk about that now.

We had such a fun day.
I was able to see a few friends before they move away from Japan.  And the girls had a blast collecting the moon jellies.
 It is more of a rocky beach, but there were so many treasures.

 I'm pretty sure the beach is Calista's favorite place in the whole world.  It was hard to keep her out of the water.  Every time I turned around she was back in the water.  She has the dangerous combination of not knowing how to swim and also not being afraid of the water or going deep.
Tucker claimed to not like the sand and complained the whole time.

 There were lots of treasures to find.

Beatrix also really enjoyed the water and the sand.  I just heard this study about how your child will learn more sitting in a sand box eating sand then they will playing a learning game on a screen.  Crazy right?  I totally believe it though.

 I didn't get into the water, maybe next time.  We really need to go again, and with Bob.
All pools here in our area will most likely be closed for the summer so I guess we need to go to the beach more. 

No comments: