Sunday, December 6, 2020

Japanese Garden in Nara

One thing I've noticed while having Japanese neighbors is that they take good care of their yards and plants.  Several of my elderly neighbors go outside daily to what I would call a small yard and meticulously take care of it.  They sweep the few leaves that fell in the gutter and carefully take care of their plants.  Our back neighbor is outside everyday smoothing her rocks, wiping down the outside of her windows and the top of her AC units, I even see her casually place toys or other small items back into our yard that made their way through our small fence.  It shows a great attention for detail and love of nature and appearances.  I wonder what they think about our messy yard.

Our first stop in Nara was at a beautiful garden.  I enjoyed taking pictures of the fall colors.












The kids were pretty over it after just a couple minutes, you can tell by their forces smiles.  Some of them were doubly upset for this picture because we just stopped for a bathroom break and a few people had to use squatty potties.  

No comments: