Friday, March 17, 2023

Beatrix's 4th Birthday

My baby is four years old!  I can hardly believe it.  
Beartrix is the silliest of my kids.  It is like she spends her time trying to be silly and hoping we will laugh with her and tell her she is funny.  Her main technique is to say things that couldn't possibly be true like "I'm going to eat the house," or "I think shoes are yummy."  She also likes to reassign everyone's identity.  So she will say things like "I'm mom and you are B."  Then we need to now act like the other person.  One of her favorites is to make herself a baby.  When that happens I need to rock her and tell her not to cry.
Beatrix also loves to play games and to win.  Her favorites are Spot It, Memory, and racing up the stairs.  Sometimes she gets really upset when she doesn't win, but she is getting better at losing.
Like a typical four-year-old she gets worn out and grumpy in the afternoons.  When that happens she can be unreasonable and cry and throw fits for things that really don't make sense at all.
Her favorite shows are Vamparina, Elana of Avelor, Minnie Mouse, and My little Pony. 
Beatrix goes to all day preschool and it can be difficult to get her ready some mornings.  Sometimes she doesn't want to go, but mostly she wants to play while I'm trying to get her ready.  She will do things like put her socks on her hands or put her vest on backwards.  She always wants to hide and then for me to tickle her when I find her.  It takes us way longer than you would expect to get her dressed for school.  Then when I go to pick her up she runs to me.  It is really cute, but then we have to spend a few minutes finding her friends so she can wave bye to them.  
On her birthday she requested puffed pancakes for dinner and a strawberry cake.

Happy Birthday Beatrix!

No comments: