Monday, June 21, 2010

Mission Farewell

We woke up early on Saturday so we could spend the day at my parents house and get ready for Isaac's mission farewell.  And so we could grab a couple goecaches on the way  hehe.  Because we were at my mom's we were able to go running with out the kids.  I ran 6 miles in 1 hour and 6 minutes!  I can't believe I ran so far.  I never thought I would be able to do that.  It was actually much easier than I thought it would be.  The reason it was so easy is because we ran on a track.  Yeah it was boring but I found that because of the boredom i was better able to zone out and before I knew it I was done.  I did 24 laps by the way.  Pushing the stroller and running up and down hills really makes the running a lot harder.  I didn't even feel like I really struggled on the 6 miles.  Well, maybe for the last mile when I really tried to run fast.

Here are some pics from Isaac's farewell. 
I guess I should have gotten some pics of Isaac instead of just the food.  lol.
Can you spot the sad missionary?  I think he got sent to Utah.

We stayed the night so we could spend Father's day my mom's b-day and Isaac's b-day with the fam.  It was fun.  We played games and gave out presents.  We also did some birthday stuff with Tucker but I'll post more about that later.  Here is the cake I made for Bob and my dad.

I think Bob is such a great dad.  I am so thankful for him he does so much with the kids.  I am also thankful to have a wonderful dad and father-in-law.

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Fun! I wish we could have been there. The food looks great and is so fun and festive! Oh, and happy birthday to Tucker! Hope he has a fun party!

KariMarie said...

Awesome job on the cake! So who won the geocache before brother leaves? :)