Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday

I'm 23! Yay!  Yesterday was my birthday.  It was Friday the 13th, but nothing freaky happened or anything.  We got up early and Bob surprised me with homemade elephant ears.  We had never made them before and they were really good.  I always love the ones at the fair.  After breakfast we drove to Malachi and Layne's house.  Layne watched the kids all day for me.  Thanks Layne.  Then we headed off to Bellevue.  First stop the Temple.  I originally wanted to do sealings but since it is closed for cleaning I thought It would still be fun to walk around and look at the pretty scenery.  After the temple we went to Deseret Book. 
I always like walking around the Mormon bookstores.  I wish we had one closer.
I found this really giant hard cover Book of Mormon I liked.  It was $50 so we decided maybe we will get it for the family for Christmas or something.  After that we headed over to the Bellevue Square mall.  That mall is huge.   I didn't have as much luck  finding cloths
as I hoped (everything there cost so much).  But it was still fun.  They did have an Apple store where we got to play with all their 'toys' and Bob really liked that.  He wants to get the iPad.  He wanted me to write that he is accepting donations to the Bob Wants an iPad Charity (BWAIP) and that all proceeds will go toward buying Bob an iPad.
We ate lunch at Red Robin (free Birthday Burger).  And even had time to see a movie.  We watched the much talked about Inception.  Both Bob and I really liked it.  The movie theatre was really nice and the movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.  It was interesting and different while at the same time fast paced and exciting.  Well, that was my birthday, on Sunday we are going to head over to my moms for cake and ice cream.

No comments: