Monday, August 16, 2010

Our weekend

People have been asking/commenting about Tucker's hair so i thought it would be a good place to start.  About two weeks ago we tried to cut Tuckers hair.  Well it didn't turn out to well so I decided to just shave it off and give him a mowhawk.  When I first did it I wasn't sure if I liked it. 
But when Tucker first looked in the mirror he got a huge smile on his face and said 'thank you mamma.' He loves it.

Now for what happened yesterday.  We were planning on having a combined family birthday party for me and other family members who have had recent birthdays.  So I decided to make a cake.  I found a picture online of a cake I was going to try to copy and I was so excited about it.  I started making it on saterday.  The bottom half was a chocolate cake with an oreo filling and frosting.  The top was a lemon cake with lemon filling and a different lemon frosting.  I also made all of the fondant Saturday night.  I got up early on Sunday so I could assemble it before church.  And that is when things started not going so well.  The frosting wasn't working and things in general just weren't coming together.  I finished anyway.  But when we took a sharp turn about a mile away from our house and the top cake started sliding off I just said forget it and had Bob pull over.  I then took two quick pictures and dumped it into the garbage on the side of the road.
The sad part is that I was really looking forward to eating the lemon cake.  Lemon is my favorite and I made it from scratch.
Here is the replacement rice crispy cake I whipped up in about ten minutes after I got to my mom's.

 This is my niece Julia.
The pinata was fun.

We had all of the grandchildren together.  And I have to say, that it was much easier to take pictures of the flowers than it was to get 11 kids too look at the camera at the same time.  Especially since one would not stop crying (yep you guessed it, Penelope).
Here are what I consider the best ones.
I did change the coloring on these, so if anyone would like the originals instead just e-mail me and I can send them to you.
.

No comments: